Monday, August 15, 2016

The richest person in the world

Ah, monday nights. Those wonderful evenings I spend thinking about my life.
Where I am, how I feel and where I want to go. This night is no exception. As I was showering, thoughts flooded my mind. That's the funny thing about showering - it feels like together with the water, ideas shower down on you as well. You contemplate your entire life in the shower. And you come out refreshed, in body and mind.

Also, this night is no exception. Now I'm on the couch, in my "Flawless" sleeping top and with my wet hair in a bun writing this. I spent a wonderful weekend again with the people I care about, except for my Principe of course. Friday night, after going for dinner at my grandmother's, my brother had a concert and my mother, grandmother and grandfather were there. Afterwards, we went to their place for a drink and to celebrate my job in Amsterdam.

Saturday I spent on myself and in the evening I went to the bar of my stepbrother where I saw my father and my stepmother and 3 stepbrothers. Sunday afternoon I spent with a friend, going to my stepbrother's bar again where there was a band performing outside. An amazing surprise. I sat on the terrace from 4 pm until 9 pm and enjoyed every minute. Afterwards, my friend and me went for a drink at the city centre and found out there would be a fireworks show in half an hour. We quickly ordered drinks and found a nice spot to watch it. And it exceeded every expectation I had. It was amazing. I felt like a child again, enjoying my very first fireworks. 

And today, I went shopping in Maastricht with my cousin Frauke. In Belgium it was a holiday today so we had to go abroad for shopping. I found a really nice jumpsuit and bought a pretty nice dress for only € 3 in sales. As I sit here on my couch, I feel like the richest person in the world. Not for money or possessions, but for love. No money in the world can buy the people surrounding me. My amazing family, my friends and last but definitely not least my Vittorio. I can only feel grateful to have them in my life. And I am. I will soon go to bed wrapped in my sheets, but filled with love. So tell me: what are you grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution!
Your reaction is waiting to be moderated.