Monday, January 9, 2017

3 month milestone

In 2 days I will be living and working in Amsterdam for 3 months. 3 months already! Isn't it unbelievable how time flies? Although I have to confess that it feels like much longer that I've lived here. Reading some previous posts of mine about my fear to move here feel so surreal now. The truth is, I fell in love with Amsterdam. Like a fish in the sea, I feel so comfortable here!

The new job is still going very well - I am learning something new every day and have a lot of cool colleagues who are there to help if you need them. I am happy I took the leap of faith.

As for Vittorio, I am even more happy I did this. Our relationship has grown so much since! Every day the scared, insecure inner child is soothed and therefore is less and less present. I feel loved, cherished, appreciated, respected and so much more. Of course I still have my attention-craving moments ;-)

I like it how we have developed our own 'language' towards each other. I understand his rhythm better. Also thanks to a few books (the perfect woman is a bitch / men are from mars and women from venus). The first one taught me to be less soft and subservient and speak up more. The second one taught me better the differences between men and women. When Vitto comes home, he wants to entwine and destress from the day by playing tanks on his iPad. Us, women, we want to talk about the day in order to entwine and destress. It is good to understand we are different and we have different ways of coping with situations and things. It really helps me in this relationship.

The past holidays I met his parents by the way! We spent Christmas in the mountains (San Vigilio) and New Year's at his place (Valdagno). His parents were super nice to me and I think they like me as well. Grateful to be a bit more part of his life now :-) Another milestone!

Anyway, this is just a short update about my life :) No big lessons today!


Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution!
Your reaction is waiting to be moderated.