Sunday, March 26, 2017

Gratitude.

It's sunday again, and after having a nice weekend with our Bulgarian friends Boni, I am sitting alone on the couch again.

My Principe is yet again in Italy for 5 days. The moment he had to leave our friends were still here, so the goodbye was not as intense as i'd like it to be, but ok.

I had some errands to run, like getting a new bike lock for Vittorio, and buy some cleaning stuff. Walking towards the bike shop, I texted Vittorio that beautiful days were just not that beautiful without him. 

After that, I went to Blokker to get the cleaning stuff. When I was walking around there, there was a dutch song playing on the radio that drew my attention. I never heard it before, but it was a woman singing that she loved it when here boyfriend left for a while because she loved missing him. 

I just googled it, and it's these lyrics:
http://www.songteksten.nl/songteksten/357948/claudia-de-breij/ik-mis-je-zo-graag.htm


"I love to miss you
it's ok when you go
because I love to miss you.
It's ok when you go,
because when you go,
I remember again how good it is
that you exist"

This song really turned my mood around again. Yes! That is the spirit. It's good that I miss him, because it makes me realise how good our relationship is and how happy he makes me.
I am grateful for everything he has brought into my life.
His positive energy, his can-do mentality, his neverending patience with my insecurity, the opportunity to travel a lot more, reading a lot more, enjoying a lot more.

Yesterday at brouwerij 't IJ he was running his fingers through my hair and carressing my neck and telling me every hour how beautiful I was and how much he loved me. How lucky he felt with me, how happy I make him. Ok he was tipsy, but I like to believe that this is when people speak the truth :-)


And now I'm sitting here on the couch, feeling nothing but extremely grateful to have found this amazing man. He is not only my lover, but also my best friend and my rock. 

It's funny, because when I go out now, of course I see goodlooking men. And I still get hit on quite often. But everytime I think: yeah, he's cute but he's not Vittorio. The packaging may look appealing but my man is the full package. The inside and outside is perfect for me. 

Gratitude. That is what I wanted to share today.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution!
Your reaction is waiting to be moderated.