Monday, May 29, 2017

I can see it in your eyes

I can see it in your eyes
I can see it in your smile
You're all I've ever wanted,
and my arms are open wide
'Cause you know just what to say
And you know just what to do
And I want to tell you so much,
I love you


It's only a part of a beautiful song, but it reminds me so much about my Vittorio. Today, this blog makes me smile. There used to be very different times... I'm still scared or insecure at times, but it's really getting easier and easier for me. In about 1,5 months Vitto and me will have met 2 years ago in Italy. It's so incredible to see how much I have grown personally since then. Hands down, he is the most amazing person I've ever been with.

We haven't had a single fight so far (touch wood) - mainly thanks to his amazing patience. I know how stubborn I can act for stupid little things. I asked him last week how and mostly why he is the one that still keeps coming back to hug and kiss me, even when I'm the one overreacting.

He replied: well, I just remind myself that you are my Principessa and that I love you too much to make a thing of it.

This made me choke up. 

Every time I act up he still has this everlasting patience to reach out to make me smile and feel loved. Even when I don't deserve it. And he will say that I do.

I have never felt so loved and cherished in a relationship before. My anxiety is really dropping and this is really the greatest gift he could give me (besides a wedding ring and children, of course ;-) ). It's unbelievable what a difference a good relationship can make.

Our power is that we give each other space and time to develop ourselves whilst also making sure we stay entwined together. This year already we have been to Florence and just returned from a Festival trip with friends to Croatia (with extra stops in Vienna, Ljubljana and Graz. On the planning: Canary Islands, a long weekend in Porreta Terme (where we met) and a week in Taormina (with his parents). We make sure to spend quality time together (I'm like an eagle guarding his work-life balance). And I feel it's this that is making it so much easier for me to have faith and trust.

Also now: we came back from Croatia and he had to stay at the airport to fly to Italy for work again for a week. I was scared I would be very upset and sad about it. But here I am, on our couch, feeling nothing but grateful for this wonderful person in my life. I know we have to part sometimes but I also know we will come back together.

In the airplane today I was just staring at him and I thought: god, I love you so much. Look at that cute, slightly tanned face with the little, sexy beard. And his full, rosy and incredibly good kissing lips. And the cherry on the cake: his eyes. greyishly blue/green with a hint of yellow in the middle. He's a treasure. And I'm cherishing him so much!

Xoxo

Claudia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution!
Your reaction is waiting to be moderated.