Sunday, April 24, 2016

He made her smile again

I've been thinking a lot about my previous post. Meeting Vittorio changed my life, changed me as a person. Of course it is still too soon to tell for the long term, but I am amazed about how much I changed in less than a year. 

I did not expect to meet someone on this little holiday at all. I was there to leave the past behind and start fresh. I still remember the morning that I left for Italy, Redlef was at my front door with a huge bouquet of flowers and a 5 page letter pouring his heart out that I was the one for him. I brought the letter to Italy to let my aunt and uncle read it and we decided that Italy was the perfect time and place to "let go". Literally. We were at the Beer Fest somewhere on Friday night (the night of my arrival) and Ina let me take a scrap of paper and write "Redlef'" on it. Then she instructed me to say the words "okay Redlef, I am letting go of you here and now." and had me put the paper in a crack of the wooden table. So I did. And I felt relieved. Closure. Silly, actually, that this little action could mean so much. Thinking back at it today, it is funny and crazy at the same time that only 2 days later I started a new chapter in my life. Enter Vittorio.

We decided to meet again a couple of weeks after we both returned from Italy. I was pretty nervous about seeing him again. Would we click or would it be awkward? Would we have enough to talk about? Would something happen? Then an unexpected holiday to Fuerteventura came in between, so we had to postphone our "1st date". During the countdown we talked every day. We teased, flirted and got to know each other better. He started growing on me. What I liked about him was that he was a man of his word. He texted me every morning and every night before going to bed. No exceptions. 

About a month after meeting him for the 1st time, we met each other again. Vittorio would stay at my place for 4 days. We would go kajak, go to the movies, go to a swimming lake and so on. The morning of his arrival, I was up early at 8. He would rent a car around 9.30 and arrive in Hasselt by noon. He texted me saying that he had a small delay but would hurry up. Around noon I saw a little car with Holland plates driving up the parking lot. Oh god. Oh god. It's time. I could see him get out of the car, and trying to open the trunk (which he struggled with for 5 min) and then I could not wait any longer so I ran down the stairs. I opened the door with my heart beating in my chest and saw him walking towards me. With a calm pace and a little nervous smile on his face. "Ciao Principessa", he said, before planting his lips on mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution!
Your reaction is waiting to be moderated.