Thursday, June 16, 2016

Resistance and passing the test

As a person who is afraid of being abandoned or being left alone, I test people.
It is sometimes stronger than myself. I have to know that you are truthful, honest, sincere. I cannot trust on just words anymore. I need to see if, feel it.

Words can be hollow. The I love you's of today can be the get out's of tomorrow. But if you show me you care, I can rely on that.

The thing is... You have passed every test so far. When I get stubborn about feeling unnoticed or neglected, you break down my wall with all your patience. My emotions or fears don't seem like a burden to you at all, but a challenge you have to work around. And when I notice that, all resistance drops.

I get to see the beautiful person that you are again and again. You make the effort and have the patience to remove every last brick to get to the core. And the core, I can tell you, is where all beauty is to be found.

And the times I feel neglected, I know you didn't stop loving me. Of course you still have other things  to worry about. But darling, what is 10 seconds of your time in a day of 86400?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution!
Your reaction is waiting to be moderated.